Thursday, October 30, 2008

The power of prayer

The title of this post can be deceiving. I have prayed before, I pray with my girls everynight but I have gotten to the point where I felt why, what is the point I put this energy into praying and I don't see anything. I know this is selfish but why do I pray if God does not hear me?

This is what I have felt like for some time, I have been struggling. But I think I have been looking for something to drop out of the sky into my lap. Maybe if I start looking for smaller things take hints and put things together I may be able to see what He is trying to tell me. Well on Tuesday I had a slap in the face an aha moment, a here is what you are looking for.

I was on my way from one office I was listening to music channel surfing and I switched away from 101.9 tried all the other stations I had programed nothing kept my interest so I ended back at #1 101.9. I heard a verse "Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them for the Lord your God goes with you; He will never leave nor forsake you. "

To tell you the truth I don't know the context to this verse but it has it's own meaning to me and it has made me think, I heard this for a reason. I do know that there is power in prayer but sometimes you just get discouraged when you can't see what is in front of you.

What was I really looking for? I asked God to comfort Alayna's fears, I asked Him to heal Alyson, I have been asking him to help my husband with his faith so we can get closer. But now that I am sitting here typing this I realize He has already provided for all of these prayer request just in different ways then I was looking for.

Where was I going with this post? Blog therapy I heard you feel better, I do I have let everyone know where I am at with my struggles.

1 comment:

Prachar family said...

Amen sister!! I have heard the most often that prayer is not to change God's mind or to enlighten him of what our desires are, or needs (because He knows EVERYTHING already), but prayer is to change our hearts. I could watch your heart change through your post. That verse was found in Joshua (chapter 2 I think) as encouragement to the Israelites as they were to take posession of the land God had already promised to give them. But, it is a promise to all of us who serve God and have Jesus as our Savior!! He will NEVER leave us!! That is a promise! So, when our prayers don't get answered exactly as we ask, He changes our hearts to be like His and teaches us to pray according to His will by being perfectly faithful to never leave us in the middle of the hard things that come our way and that He doesn't remove at our request because He wants to show us His steadfast presence in our lives and that He can handle whatever comes our way if we give it to Him to handle and not try to handle it ourselves without Him. I think that was the worst runon sentence I have ever written, but I know you won't judge me! I love you and I rejoice at the wisdom you are gaining in Christ Jesus!! We are already victorious in Jesus, Satan is defeated!
Much love,
Travis