Friday, October 3, 2008

What a week

This week has been full of ups and downs and I really don't know where to begin. I had the chance to go to Davenport on Sat. to see family last week. It was so nice to see grandparents, hear stories they have to tell and to tell them what the kids have been up to. Chuck also was able to help my brothers in the field and I can't even begin to tell you how much he enjoyed running the combine, I heard about it all week long. Then Sunday night Alyson was up ALL night long and this is not like her at all so I took her in to the Dr on Monday morning and sure enough we had our first ear infection (9 months old can't complain to much.) Then Monday night Alayna was up so Tuesday back to the Dr and she had strep. Then on Wednesday Alayna had a field trip to Honey Creek Apple Orchard which was so much fun. I was at work for two hours when I got a call from school that Alayna was sick again so back to pick her up.

Now Thursday Alsyon had an appt at the U with the cardiologist for an Echo. She did great but not the news we were hoping for. Things have again gotten worse after her last Cath so they will be doing that again in early Nov. and then six months after that she will go in for for heart surgery. In nov. when they are doing the Cath they will decide if they will have to go in through the sternum or if they can go in on the side and go between two ribs making recovery a whole lot quicker and easier for her. This is very hard to hear that our sweet baby is not as healthy as we look at her and think. I guess we have been blessed that this has not affected her that much. She is crawling all over the place and is eating anything she can get in her mouth. I called Chuck on my way home as he had to stay home with Alayna who was still sick. He had to tell me some other hard news, my grandpa had passed away earlier that morning. I was able to see him and talk with him for quite some time on Sat. It was hard to see him not feeling good, having a hard time talking with us and not wanting to eat or drink anything. He had stories to tell about his marriage, his kids and several other topics that were from years ago. He was able to recount those time with no trouble but was forgetting things from days before. He will be missed greatly by all of his family.

At the beginning of this post I did say ups and downs as I realize what I have been typing it seems like there were not that many ups, but last night as I laid in bed I could not sleep I kept recounting the things that have been happening. And I realize that I really have been blessed I have a wonderful husband who is by my side, I have two beautiful girls who are having so much fun together and by my account are healthy and growing good. I have a job that has been extremely flexible with me missing work and most importantly our family has someone looking over us. I know everyone and everything will work out I have to remember to put all my Faith in the Lord and He will protect us.

I hope this finds all of you doing well. I am going to try and get some pictures posted as well.



Lots of love from Shelley and all of the Bulecheks

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shelley,
I didn't realize little Alyson had a problem with her heart. I guess I'm out of the loop. It is great to have access to your blog through Travis so I can see what's happening in your family. Hope to see you soon. I'll be praying for you and sweet baby.
love, JoDee