Monday, January 26, 2009

No Excuses

Don't bother looking in the archives for a recent update, you are seeing it right my last post was in November. Sorry I could bore you with a lot of excuses as to why I have not updates But I would rather spend time updating.


And A LOT of updating I have not sure I will be able to update in one night. To start November went by so fast, we started the month rather rough but all ended well. Alyson had a Cath on the 5th, a long day (see previous post) but we went home late that night and she is doing so good. She is gaining weight and is happy as can be.

At the end of the month Chuck and I celebrated our 6th anniversary, I am amazed each day I find something new that I love about him, and time has gone by so fast.

December went by even faster then I can imagine Alyson celebrated her 1st birthday on December 14th we had a few friends and family over to help us celebrate. She loved the cake and Alayna had so much fun helping me make it. We made a snowman cupcake cake. Alyson is not walking yet but she loves to walk along things, if she sees something that she really wants and wants it now she will crawl, so much quicker for her.

Christmas was a blast both girls. Alayna really enjoyed it this year she really wanted to sit on Santa's lap but each time we saw him (which was more then I could count) she would not sit on his lap or even talk to him. At St. Bridget's church Santa came out and sat by her in the pew, she eventually gave him a hug. Alyson sat on Santa's lap each time but never knew what to think. All Alayna wanted for Christmas was a Smores pony. Santa did bring that for the two girls and both LOVE it.

New years resolution time, I hate this time of year each year I have the same one and never succed at it, so this year I added a couple which will benefit all of you reading this. I will update my blog more often. And another failed resoultion last year was to get Christmas cards out. No you did not miss it in your mail box I never got them out, so to make up a new resolution I WILL GET VALENTINES OUT. To help me with this one leave your name and address in the comments, but remember my deadline these are valentine cards. I have them almost ready to go :)

Another important thing that has happaned (the last one I will mention tonight) is my parents are coming home!! They leave Washington DC this friday 1/30 and head back to the farm in Iowa. I know this has been a great experience for my Dad but we have missed them so much. I am not sure what they have planned when they get back but I know they have several grandkinds that can not wait to have them close again.

I am trying to get pictures up but it is not working so these will follow soon!

Well as mentioned before I will be back sooner rather then later to update our blog. Remember if you want to help me reach my resoulution and get valentines out leve me your name and address. I do have a lot of them but to help ensure I don't forget anyone this would help.

2 comments:

Prachar family said...

Sign me up for one of those Valentines!
Prachars
1204 Sorrento Woods Blvd
Nokomis, FL 34275

So great to hear what you are up to!! So glad to hear Alyson is growing and your Alayna is flourishing! Love ya!

sweetander said...

We'll take one, too:
Andersons
1171 James Ave. NE
Swisher, IA 52338

Thanks for the updates - I can harrass you into updating your blog more frequently if you want:) Abby is ready to have Alayna over again, so maybe we can plan something for next week. I'll give you a call...